Skip to main content
Marjorie Gislason
L&D at Haag Inc.
Asked a question last year

Why is training important in the workplace? More specifically, what are the benefits of having an internal training program?

Where am I?

In Grovers Space | Grove HR Global Users Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Quy Ho
Employee Experience Manager at Grove HR

Hi @Marjorie Gislason25 

From my experience, conducting a training program for employees, it helps boost employee engagement and loyalty, although it is often overlooked. Investing in employees by giving them new training skills shows team members that they are valued at your company. It prepares them for greater roles and responsibilities within the company. 

Nowadays, digital technology has permeated nearly every sphere of the modern world, and the world of work is no exception. Gone are the days of requiring expensive infrastructure and gigantic budgets to upskill employees – training can now be hosted and deployed via the cloud. And there is no shortage of employee software training providers around. You can check out Coggno or Ezzely, I've heard that they are great training software.

Best wishes,

The biggest asset of any business is its employees. Successful organizations are aware of this, and they know how important it is to invest in talent.Successful internal training identifies the exact skills and knowledge that participants need to succeed in their jobs. 

Employees are more likely to feel valued if they are invested in and therefore, less likely to change employers. Training and development is seen as an additional company benefit. Recruitment costs therefore go down due to staff retention.

Related Questions

No related questions.